Hufft is a design firm that creates meaningful spaces and objects. Our authentic approach, inspired by people and places, integrates designers and builders into one holistic process.
We are looking for a Controller to join the Hufft team in the Finance division. The Controller position prepares and executes all accounting functions for the company with the assistance of a Staff Accountant. This position works closely with the Leadership team on a regular basis. This person must be a critical thinker, analytical, and a problem solver. This person must be detail oriented and willing to follow projects through to completion. It is critical that this individual be able to work independently and handle multiple tasks.
- Performs all tasks associated with the general ledger, i.e., enters monthly journal entries.
- Prepares monthly balance sheet, cash flow and profit-and-loss statements.
- Coordinates monthly closing and production of financial statements to guarantee timely reporting.
- Assists in reviewing and updating monthly closing procedures.
- Processes accounts payable aging and vendor statements for problems.
- Manages review process for weekly check run.
- Reviews and documents present accounting practices and procedures.
- Verifies deposits and posts to accounts receivable.
- Duplicates and retrieves accounts receivable material as needed.
- Involvement with monthly invoicing.
- Explains billing invoices and accounting policies to staff and vendors.
- Resolves accounting discrepancies.
- Oversees annual budget review and approval process with Principals, in additional to regular tracking and updating.
- Regularly reviews project performance.
- Manages and oversees the Staff Accountant.
- Performs necessary HR items that cross over to interact with the Finance Division.
- Interact and liaises with professional Accounting firm.
- Carries out other such duties as may be assigned or requested.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting.
- Minimum of 5 years of related experience.
- Public or project accounting a plus.
- Knowledge of finance, accounting, budgeting, and cost control principles including Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
- Knowledge of federal and state financial regulations.
- Ability to analyze financial data and prepare financial reports, statements and projections, as well as possess strong forecasting skills.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience with Deltek Ajera or other similar accounting systems, Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint), Microsoft Access.
- Medical / Dental / Vision/ Life Insurance
- Simple IRA savings plan with company match up to 3% of salary
- Holidays and Paid Time Off
- Licensure and professional organization financial assistance
- Referral bonus
Hufft is an Equal Opportunity Employer.