Hufft is a design and fabrication firm that creates meaningful spaces and objects. Our authentic approach, inspired by people and places, integrates designers and fabricators into one holistic process.
We have an opening for an experienced senior technical Architect in our Kansas City office.
The role of a Design team member at Hufft is vital to delivering innovative projects for our clients through a collaborative process. No matter the scale, each project starts with a strong concept that is a response to the unique conditions of that project. The end goal is to make truly meaningful spaces for people, that add value to their place. The success of that starts with the people on our team.
The position requires an experienced individual with a degree in Architecture, as well as a broad knowledge of architecture principles and practices, project management, and overall design. The role will be involved in all phases of design from conception to completion. Self-driven and strategic, this position is expected to explore unique design solutions and must thrive in a highly collaborative environment. The position will focus on technical details and construction administration. The Architect is expected to work proficiently with limited direction to advance a project based on time and budget constraints.
- Technical detailing
- Drawing set production and management
- Receive and provide design direction
- Coordination of consultants
- Construction Administration
- Specification Coordination
- Code Review
- Designs, develops, and implements quality assurance and quality control protocols and processes. Provides advice to senior management on quality assurance advancements and makes development recommendations.
- Meeting with project teams on a regular interval to provide guidance on technical issues throughout the design process, at 90% construction documents, and other critical intervals as needed.
- Reviews drawings to write and edit architectural specifications with input from the Project Architect, Project Interior Designer, or Designers.
- Takes part in site visits on a regular interval to projects in construction, to provide additional observation with QA/QC issues in mind.
- Mentorship of younger staff on technical matters.
- Architectural project construction cost estimation when needed.
- Keep up-to-date on new building advancements or technology and share with project teams or company.
- 10 years minimum of experience in an Architect role
- Licensure (preferred)
- Proficient in Revit, SketchUp, and InDesign
- Working knowledge of code and accessibility requirements
- Prior experience integrating digital workflows and fabrication processes is a plus
- Understanding of Sustainable design strategies
- Medical, company pays 50% of plan selected
- Dental/Vision plans sourced; employee paid
- Life Insurance sourced, company paid
- Simple IRA savings plan with company match up to 3% of salary
- Hybrid Remote Work schedule
- Holidays and Paid Time Off
- Licensure and professional organization financial assistance
- Referral bonus
Hufft is an Equal Opportunity Employer.